Mobile:xxxx xxx xxxx
Address: Magpie Ridge
View Larger Map
WELCOME to Magpie Ridge
Welcome to Magpie Ridge, a beautiful, tranquil, 60 hectare property 9 kilometres west of the village of Toodyay in Western Australia’s Avon Valley, and about an hours drive from Perth. Once part of an old and degraded sheep farm, Magpie Ridge is now largely reafforested and restored to use as both ‘land for wildlife’, peaceful retreats for singles and couples, and production of premium quality extra virgin olive oil.
Key features include:
- Organic certification of the whole property (NASAA: 6338)
- Abundant, naturally sand-filtered pure, fresh rain water, pumped by windmill and gravity fed to the house and shed-workshop
- 1000 olive trees of 8 premium cultivars producing premium quality extra-virgin olive oil and table olives
- 10,000 young eucalypts in plantings to facilitate sheltered movement for kangaroos and other wildlife augments good stands of ancient, remnant wandoo woodland.
- A large, comfortable, two-storey homestead constructed of straw-bales and recycled materials incorporating a self-contained apartment for guest use.
- Solar hot water, grid-power, phone line and satellite wireless internet
- Small citrus orchard
- Set back from the main road, quiet seclusion